Monday, February 23, 2009

headed to Durban

Just a quick note on our final day in Cape Town. Not sure when I wrote last. Did I tell you about hiking Table Mountain, going out to Robben Island (where Nelson Mandela was held prisoner for 27 years), biking through the Stellenbosch region and stopping to taste wine at 4 wineries? It was an action packed weekend and one of the prettiest cities I think I've ever traveled to. We also went to a play one night and will eat at the fabulous African Cafe tonight. Lest you think we're not working we spent the day today at a self-help community in a coloured township (meaning mixed race), had lunch at a Bed and Breakfast set up by a woman in a black township and then stopped at a center promoting child health and nutrition. Needless to say...we are staying busy.

Tomorrow we head to Durban. We'll be flying out in the afternoon. Our CGE (Center for Global Education) coordinator, Evan, will be leaving us. Sad...he's been great at managing all the little details. Now it will be on me and Peter (a tour operator we have worked with before).

I'm looking forward to a room with a bathroom in it ;o) but really the guest house here was well located and the rotating shower schedule was not too bad... but you can hear everything in the house and these college students stay up much later than I do these days. (and thanks Kevy Jo for the offer to help supervise the sorority house!).

I'll write more from Durban when I can. Hope all is well with you all.
Cheers,
Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment