Thursday, July 12, 2012

Why I’d like to be a wildebeest


Of all the animals I see,
the one I would most like to be,
is the wildebeest.

While some may look at them and scoff, when I see them I just smile and laugh.

When I think of their funny array of leftover parts, it brings a warm feeling right into my heart.

 Horse like tail and punk rocker mane, with their mismatch of parts, they don’t seem to complain.

They are, in fact, quite cute when they’re small,  with a slightly lighter brown color to their fur overall.

Their side flanks, while they look dirty,
are actually “brindled” with two shades of furry.

With a rocking horse gait they can pick up some speed, and don’t get in their way if they start a stampede.
 
But the main reason I like them the most,
is that they seem to join any herd, no matter the host.

They simply blend with whomever they come upon,
whether impala or gemsbok they just tag along.

 
The most gregarious of creatures,
they simply disregard their features.

Back haunches too small for their larger front legs,
Wouldn’t you like to be a wildebeest too?
I think the question begs…




No comments:

Post a Comment